Home->Organisation->Arms and Services->Army Ordnance Corps->AOC Centre
  Organisation

Army Ordnance Corps
 
AOC Centre
  


History of  AOC Centre

  • The IAOC Training Centre was a part of AOC School till Jun 1947 when the AOC Centre was
    separated and moved from Jabalpur to Ferozepur.
  • In Oct 1946, in addition to the Training Bn, a Depot Bn was raised and the IAOC Records was
    made a part of the centre. later on No 2 IAOC Training Bn was added.
  • In Jan 1948 the Centre moved to Pune. The AOC records and Depot Bn continued to function
    from Jabalpur.
  • In 1950 the prefix Indian was dropped and the centre was called AOC centre.
  • In Jun 1953 all elements of the AOC centre were amalgamated at its present location at
    Secunderabad.
  • The AOC centre is responsible for training of recruits and other ranks of the Army Ordnance Corps. Apart from imparting Military training, training in ancillary trades like textile repair, equipment repair, saddlery, Carpentry, painting, tailoring and driving is also imparted.

Training in Progress     A Proud AOC Jawan     Hut of Remembrance

This is the Official Indian Army Web Portal,maintained & managed  by the Indian Army.
Site hosted by NIC.
Last Updated on 28 Jul 2014 Site best viewed in IE 6.0 and above