LAST RITES AT HARIDWAR
1. Haridwar is frequented by a large number of serving personnel and veterans every year for performing last rites of their near and dear ones.
2. Army at Raiwala, located 15 Km from Haridwar has institutionalised the mechanism to facilitate smooth conduct of religious ceremonies associated with the last rites. A ‘Surya Defence Guidance Cell’ (SDGC) has been established at Haridwar to provide all the required assistance to the bereaved families in terms of suitable pandit, accommodation, transportation and any other guidance required by them.
3. This pilot project has been launched on a trial basis with effect from 01 Jul 2012 for all persons of Surya Command. Subsequently, the facility will be extended to all the defence personnel and veterans.
Functions of SDGC4. To act as a facilitator providing all relevant information associated with performing the last rites to include details of ghats, facilities available, pundits, hotels/ dharamsala, taxi fares etc. 5. To be an effective interface between the defence personnel seeking the services and the numerous civilian agencies providing the services. It will tie up with the service providers for subsidised services, where possible.Facilities Provided
6. A helpdesk has been set up under the aegis of HQ 6 Mountainn Arty Brigade at Raiwala and Haridwar.
7. All queries with regard to Air/Rail/Road travel to Haridwar, stay, local transport, availability of pundits, conduct of rites and fees would be answered and guidance provided accordingly.
8. Liaison on request would be provided right from reception to departure of families.
9. Tie up with clan based pandits to perform last rites at short notice.
10. Accommodation can be arranged at the existing dharmshalas / hotels at Haridwar or at the guest rooms at Raiwala as per requirement and availability on cash payment.Fees and Expenditure11. Rough estimate of expenditure inclusive of stay, local transport and fees for pandits is around Rs 2500/-. Further variations and breakdown of this amount is available with the helpdesk.12. An advance amt of Rs 500/- is required to be deposited in PNB Raiwala Account No 6187000100001150 as security for a sponsored conduct.
Contact13. Helpdesk Phones : 2092 (Army), 0135-2484040 (Civil) 08859001857 (Mob)
14. Army Portal : http/xxxxx / Tab on Central Command home page
15. Email : email@example.com
SAINIK ARAMGRAH, SHIRDI
1. Online booking/registration for devotees has been started by Shrine Board. For online registration the website is
2. Timing Temple is open round the clock for normal darshan except one hour prior to Aarti timings, which are :-
One day prior before 2100hr on physical arrival.
3. Passes Passes are only being issued from PRO Office at Shirdi on physical arrival of devotees whose photographs is being clicked and verified at the gate. VIP passes now issued only to officers of rank of Brigadiers and above (including retired) and not to dependents/relatives.